Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meet Renee'...Store Manager


My name is Renee' and I am the Store Manager for Sierra's. I came to work for Emma in August of 2007.
I was born in San Diego California and I have 3 brothers and no sisters. While growing up I lived in California, Washington, Oklahoma and Colorado where I graduated from High School. After Graduation my family moved to San Jose California where I met my husband Doug. We have been married for 32 years and have 5 children. My children are all grown now and we have been blessed with 9 grandchildren. I learned to Cake Decorate when I was 14 and worked in my parents cake shop. After my youngest was 4, I went back to work. I of course worked as a cake decorator in the bakery industry. I eventually went into Management. In 2001 my husband was transferred to Utah, where I went to work for Hancock Fabrics. When they opened a new store in Pocatello, I took the Store Manager position and we transplanted here. Unfortunately, after 3 years, Hancocks needed to close 174 stores due to bankruptcy and my store was one of them. Emma contacted me in July, 2007 when she found herself in need of a Store Manager. I love working at Sierra's and searching out the Crafting Industry with Emma to find new and exciting items to bring into the store.

I "speak" ASL, sew, paint, craft, crochet, cake decorate and am a soft sculputre artist. You probably see my Creations during the year in different displays. My newest creation "Freddy the fishing frog" is sitting in our Grass Lands. I also have a line of patterns that we sell in the store. Come in and see my Cuddle Hooogys, stick horse and coming soon a pattern for my rag doll will be available.

I love to craft because it gives me great pleasure and warm fuzzies to create something with my hands. There is nothing more wonderful than to give someone a handmade gift that comes from the heart.

My most favorite item is the extreme glitter from plaid. It's a paint that gives a great amount of shine and sparkle to anything you paint. I have used in on my walls when painting a mural as well as on my Soft sculptured ghost "Harvey". It was a fun way to add shimmer to his head.
I love it... Check it out!