Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meet Linda...Fabric Shop Manager


Hi! My name is Linda Wilson and I am the Fabric Department Manager at Sierra's. I have been married to my honey for 42 years. We have 3 grown daughters, 8 grandchildren (4 of each) and 3 Adorable Great grandsons. If you read the last blog about our Boss lady, EMMA, I must say that i am opposite of Ms. Em. I am the second oldest of five kids and was raised in a small Indiana town. I heard many times "Ladies don't act that way" and "Girls don't do that" referring to just about anything and everything. Education wasn't really stressed because "girls just get married and money for college would be wasted." At the age of 17, soon after i graduated from high school, i got a job at an insurance company, moved to Indianapolis, got an apartment with a couple of roommates. After about year of batching it, a girl i worked with and I decided to move to California. The year was 1967 and it was my 1st big move. Met my Husband the day after i moved to So. California and we have been together ever since. In 1978 we decided to move to Idaho where there was skiing and a better place to raise our 3 daughters. My husband and i owned and operated the local biker bar here in Pocatello for 20 years. What was intended to be a part time hobby for my husband turned into a full time career for me. What an education! After closing the bar, we played and traveled for a while but i decided i needed to get a part time job. I got hired in retail and have been in the business ever since. I am really fortunate to say that i enjoy my job.

I enjoy reading, sewing, cooking, crocheting, Knitting, my friends, my plants, my home and spending time with my family. Not real big on outdoor sports but i do like to stay active and healthy.

I craft to relax, to express my self and to create.

My favorite product in the store is the fabric-- it all seems to want to come home with me!